THE HIGH COURT OF MEGHALAYA SHILLONG.
No. HCM.1I/133/2019-Rect./64 Dated, Shillong 8th April, 2021
Applications for Contractual engagement of 2 (two) persons as Law Clerks for a period of 1 Year under terms and conditions mentioned in Scheme for engaging Law Clerk-cum-Legal Research Assistants in the High Court of
Meghalaya, which is available on the website http://meghalayahighcourt.nic, (Rules and Notification) are invited from eligible candidates having essential qualifications. Maximum age of the candidate as on 1st January of 2021 must not be more than 33 years. The application (duly filled up and complete in every manner), must reach the office of Registrar General, High Court of Meghalaya, Shillong on or before 7th May, 2021 during office hours.
🔷 Law Clerk
◾️Qualifications – LL.B.
◾️Total Posts- 02 (UR)
◾️ Post is Contractual
◾️Max. age – 33 Yrs
🔷 Apply before May 07, 2021
Method of Selection:
(1) Selection for engaging Law Clerks shall be made by inviting applications from willing candidates by way of the abridged advertisement as prescribed in Schedule I, which shall be published in such manner as may be prescribed by Hon’ble the Chief Justice from time to time.
(2) Such application shall be made in the form as prescribed in Schedule II which can be downloaded from the website, and shall be accompanied by the copies of documents, as enumerated in that form.
(3) Simultaneous to publication of abridged advertisement, the concerned Universities/Colleges/Institutions may also be intimated about the requirement, requesting them to persuade, and forward the applications, of willing candidates, alongwith their recommendation.
(4) Selection shall be made on the basis of recommendation of a Committee constituted by Hon’ble the Chief Justice.
Every candidate shall pay non-refundable examination fee of Rs. 100/- (One hundred rupees), through Demand Draft or Postal Order, to be drawn in the name of Registrar General of the High Court of Meghalaya.
Nationality and Age:
A candidate seeking engagement as Law Clerk must be a citizen of India and must not have attained the age of 33 (thirty three) years on 1st day of January preceding the last date fixed for submission of the application.
(1) A candidate seeking engagement as Law Clerk must be a fresh law graduate having a Bachelor’s Degree in Law (including Integrated Degree Course in Law) from any University/ College/ Institution established by law in India and recognized by the Bar Council of India.
Explanation: A candidate having obtained Bachelor’s Degree in Law more than three years before the date of application may not be considered to be a fresh law graduate for the purpose of qualification.
(2) A candidate studying in the fifth year of the Five-Year Integrated Law Course will also be eligible to apply subject to furnishing proof of acquiring Law qualification at the time of interview.
(3) A candidate must have basic knowledge of computer including retrieval of desired information from various search engines/ processes such as Manupatra, SCC Online, LexisNexis, Westlaw etc.
(1) A Law Clerk cannot be a practicing advocate or engaged/appointed elsewhere, on honorarium/payment basis. If enrolled as an advocate or engaged elsewhere, the candidate shall disclose the facts in the application and shall undertake to seek the suspension of enrolment, or to give up other engagement, as the case may be.
(2) A candidate should not be involved in any criminal case, whether convicted or pending trial.
If you have any query regarding this, please feel free to contact us.