Requirement of Legal Assistants on Contract Basis
The SCI occupies the Numero Uno position with its large and diversified fleet, operating in nearly all segments of shipping viz. break-bulk services, container services, liquid and dry bulk services, offshore services and passenger services. The company also mans and manages vessels on behalf of various government bodies. The SCI continues to grow through strategic alliances and new business opportunities.
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd. requires two Legal Assistants for Legal Department.
Applications are invited for Legal Assistants on contract basis for a period of two (2) years, extendable by a period of six (6) months at the sole discretion of the Corporation.
A. Terms and Conditions:
1. Eligibility Criteria (As on 01.04.2021):
LLB (3 or 5 years Law course) with minimum 55% marks in aggregate (of all Semesters) from recognized Colleges/Universities in India.
2. Age (upper age limit as on 01.04.2021):
Maximum 30 years
Two Legal Assistants on contract for Legal Dept.
4. Period of Contract:
Two years from date of joining, extendable by 6 months at the sole discretion of the Corporation.
5. Work Timings:
The normal work timings will be from Monday to Friday as per Company’s flexi timings for regular shore employees. If required as per exigencies of work, they shall be required to attend office on Saturdays or other holidays also without any additional compensation.
The location would be Mumbai; however, the Company at its discretion may post the officer at any of its offices/projects as per its requirement.
Consolidated emolument of Rs 20,000/- per month will be paid. A conveyance allowance of Rs 5,000/-per month will be also be paid to the Legal Assistants for discharge of official duty. No other perks/benefits/ allowances shall be applicable. Income Tax will be deducted at source as applicable.
No company accommodation will be provided to the officer during the period of contract.
The officer will not be eligible for Company’s medical benefits. However, they will be covered under the company’s Group Insurance Scheme in existence for accidents at workplace.
The contract may be terminated by either side by one month’s notice or payment of notice pay in lieu thereof. However, the Corporation shall reserve the right not to accept resignation/notice of termination should the circumstances so warrant i.e. the disciplinary proceedings are pending or are contemplated against the officer.
B. How to apply:
Interested candidates should directly apply through the link provided on the Corporations website www.shipindia.com -> Career -> Shore-> Requirement of Legal Assistants on contract (03/2021) and send their updated resume via email on firstname.lastname@example.org with subject as “Application for Legal Assistants on contract”. Candidates are also required to attach the following documents along with their resumes in pdf format only.
i. LLB degree Marksheets/Certificates (All Semesters)
ii. Work Experience certificates (if any) for the years as mentioned in application form.
iii. Training completion certificates (if any).
iv. Date of Birth proof like Aadhar card/Pan card/Voter/Birth Certificate etc.
Applications will not be considered in case the above-mentioned documents are not submitted as per the data filled in application form.
Note: The total size of attachments should not exceed 10 MB. In case of failure of emails SCI will not be responsible.
Last date of application: 13.05.2021
C. Selection Process:
Candidates will be shortlisted based on the eligibility criteria for Educational Qualification, Age and any other criteria as mentioned. In case of large number of applications, the Company reserves the right to shortlist the number of candidates for Interview out of eligible candidates.
The short listing will be based on length and range of experience, higher qualification, Accreditations, Certifications and Special Achievements.
The Interviews will be conducted at Shipping House, Nariman Point, Mumbai or through video conferencing depending upon the prevailing situation at the time of Interview. The schedule will be notified on the Corporation’s website.
The Company reserves the right to increase/decrease the number of vacancies as per the need or cancel the advertisement itself without any notification.
D. GENERAL INFORMATION:
1. Indian Nationals only need to apply.
2. After selection, the waitlist panel will be valid for a period of one year from the date of finalization and shall be applicable in case of selected candidates not joining for any reason or selected candidates separating from the organization.
3. Candidates are advised in their own interest not to furnish any particulars that are false, tampered, fabricated or suppress any information while filing up the application form or during the verification process. In any such case, the candidature/engagement made shall be treated as null/void at any stage in the selection process.
4. Candidates are advised to regularly check their e-mail and the Corporation’s website for information.
5. The engagement of selected candidates will be subject to their being declared medically fit by the approved Hospital and by Medical officer of the Corporation.
6. The selection of candidates for selection process shall be at the discretion of the Corporation and the decision in this matter will be final and binding.
7. The decision of SCI Management regarding eligibility criteria, acceptance or rejection of applications to the post etc. shall be final and binding on all candidates. Mere fulfilment of the minimum qualification, experience and job requirement will not vest any right on candidates for being called for document verification/Interview.
8. Any corrigendum/updates to the advertisement will be published on our website only; hence candidates are requested to check the Corporations Website regularly.
9. Candidate will appear for the interview at their own risk and SCI will not be responsible for any injury or losses etc. of any nature.
10. Management reserves the right to cancel engagement process at any stage, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason thereafter.
If you have any query, please feel free to contact us.