RESERVE BANK OF INDIA
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the 450 posts of ‘Assistant-2023’ in the Reserve Bank of India, hereinafter referred to as ‘Bank’. Selection for the post will be through a country-wide competitive examination in two phases i.e., Preliminary and Main examination followed by a Language Proficiency Test (LPT).
Eligibility for the Posts:
Before applying, candidates should ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria for the advertised posts.
Bank would admit to the Examination all the candidates applying for the post with the requisite fee/intimation charges (wherever applicable) based on the information furnished in the ONLINE application and shall determine their eligibility only at the final stage i.e., document verification. If at any stage, it is found that any information furnished in the ONLINE application is false/ incorrect or if
according to the Bank, the candidate does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post, his/ her candidature will be cancelled. Such candidates can be removed from Bank’s services without notice if he / she has already joined the Bank.
I. Nationality: a candidate must be either:
i. a citizen of India, or
ii. a subject of Nepal, or
iii. a subject of Bhutan, or
iv. a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
v. a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination, but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate is issued to him/her by the Government of India.
Age (as on 01‐09‐2023):
Between 20 and 28 years. Candidates born not earlier than 02/09/1995 and not later than 01/09/2003 (both days inclusive) are only eligible to apply.
Educational Qualifications (as on 01‐09‐2023):
i. At least a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (pass class for SC/ST/PwBD candidates) in the aggregate and the knowledge of word processing on PC.
ii. A candidate belonging to Ex-servicemen category (except dependents of ex-servicemen) should either be a graduate from a recognized University or should have passed the matriculation or its equivalent examination of the Armed Forces and rendered at least 15 years
of defence service.
iii. Candidates applying for post in a particular recruiting Office should be proficient in the language (i.e., know to read, write, speak and understand the language) of the state/ any of the states falling under the recruiting Office.
Scheme of Selection:
Selection will be through Preliminary examination, Main examination and Language Proficiency Test (LPT).
- The examination (Preliminary as well as main) will be conducted online in venues across many centres in India. The tentative list of Examination centres is available in Annex V.
- The Bank, however, reserves the right to cancel any of the Examination Centres and/ or add some other Centres, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc.
- The candidate/s have to select the exam centre corresponding to the office he/she has applied for. However, RBI also reserves the right to allot the candidate to any centre other than the one he/she has opted for and a candidate may be allocated a centre of exam (preliminary as well as main) outside the State/UT for which vacancies he/she is applying.
- Candidate will appear for the examination (preliminary as well as main) at an Examination Centre at his/ her own risks and expenses and the Bank will not be responsible for any injury or losses etc. of any nature.
- No request for change of centre for Examination (preliminary as well as main) shall be entertained.
- The Centers for the Main Examination will be limited.
Selected Candidates will draw a starting basic pay of ₹20,700/- per month in the scale of ₹20700 – 1200 (3) – 24300 – 1440 (4) – 30060 – 1920 (6) – 41580 – 2080 (2) – 45740 – 2370 (3) – 52850 – 2850 (1) – 55700 and other allowances, as admissible from time to time. At present, initial Monthly Gross Emoluments (without HRA) for Assistant will be approximately ₹47,849/-.
**House Rent Allowance of 15% of Pay will be paid to them, additionally, if they are not staying in Bank’s accommodation.
Examination fees/ Intimation Charges (Non- Refundable): Payable from Online Payment
|SC/ST/PwBD/EXS||Intimation charges only||₹50/- plus 18% GST|
|GEN/OBC/EWS||Application fee including intimation charges||₹450/- plus 18% GST|
|Website Link Open||September 13, 2023 – October 04, 2023|
|Payment of Examination Fees (Online)||September 13, 2023 – October 04, 2023|
|Schedule of Online Preliminary Test (Tentative)||October 21, 2023 & October 23, 2023|
|Schedule of Online Main Test (Tentative)||December 02, 2023|